- Posted by Mihir
- On June 25, 2015
- 0 Comments
- B2B marketing, B2B marketing on social media, podcast, social media, social media marketing, social wavelength
This Episode will focus on whether Social Media can be an effective B2B marketing tool.
- A B2C brand loves to be on Social Media as they can become highly consumer facing, do fun engaging activities and have a lot of fans.
- Whether being on Social Media serves as a good enough opportunity for a B2B brand has always been a question.
- Based on experience by working with some of the biggest brands one can think of, both Mihir and Sanjay feel they can add clear value to the brands business, using Social Media.
- Sanjay feels most B2B brands hold back from Social Media as they look at the glamourous looking pages of other B2C brands which will have pictures, contests and games on Facebook and wonder what does a B2B brand has to do in this kind of space.
- The reality is that B2B brands have a well-defined target audience. Using traditional media results in a lot of wastage unless the medium is directed to a very specific group of people whom you want to target.
- The sales process that happens in B2B is more about the person to person connection than that of B2C.
- Social Media can help connect the different people who’re involved in the sales process like the procurement team, the vendors, the business development guys, etc on a one on one basis and also know what the concerned people are doing or thinking by looking at what they do on Social Media.
- Even a few conversions for a B2B business adds fantastic value for them.
- There are certain things that Social Media brings to the table that a B2B brand needs to know.
- Reaching the right audience through Social Mediums and tools.
- Showcasing the differential value in comparison to the competition, to your audience, which you bring in for your clients. This can be done via content, story-telling, case-studies and anecdotes. The right mediums for one to do this is via Videos, content and images with Social Media providing the platform for just that.
- Via Social Media, a space is created to showcase Thought Leadership. With more stories to tell, more experiences shared and knowledge offered, a brand can thus establish thought leadership by having more to offer.
- It is important for the brand to know what their social voice is going to be and surround content around it.
- Brands will find it useful to use LinkedIn as a publishing platform. It’s a low hanging fruit, has a lot of active groups and has a great organic reach and publishing options.
- Closing Tip- Genuinely be convinced that social media is the vehicle for you. It will lead to an investment of time and energy and is not something that will happen “by the way”. It requires strategy, infographics, video content and it needs to be recognized that this will reach the target audience in one room.
- We would love to get suggestions on what you would like to know or to get covered on Digital / Social Media, in future episodes of this podcast.
Contact us for Social Wavelength Conversations at: