- Posted by Mihir
- On February 2, 2015
- 0 Comments
- podcasts in india, social media, social media marketing, social media podcast, social wavelength
This episode covers why was this Podcast was created, what do the hosts bring to the table in terms of their expertise, their motivations to have a podcast and what can the listeners expect to get, from tuning in to these Podcasts.
Social Wavelength Conversations Episode 01
- The need for creating our Podcast-
- The aim is give certain level of Insights which will be different from other digital contents out there.
- We have 50 plus clients who provide products or services with presence in global or digital in the B2B and B2C space. Thus, we can provide unique insights as we’re doing digital branding, PR and other online marketing activities for them.
- We’ll mention, not those brand names but the experience we have and will continue to have while addressing the 3600 of social Media for them. This will provide interesting insights into what’s happening in the digital and social media and this is where we add value to our listeners and viewers.
- Choosing Podcasts over Blogs and YouTube.
- Sanjay has been listening to podcasts for a long time and been a fan, Mihir also while randomly listening to podcasts & audiobooks in the past 8 months got hooked as it’s ideal to listen and get knowledge in what would otherwise be down time.
- It’s easier for people who’re otherwise too busy to consume any other formats of content.
- Podcasts are not big in India yet as a form a content consumption.
- We hope to make some impact in the fraternity of Indian marketers and brand managers who’ll find it interesting.
- Sanjay Credits the book, Groundswell into getting him to Social Media.
- Books get outdated the day they are printed as the world is changing so rapidly.
- One way to stay updated is to read up articles and content but having an interactive mode like a podcast where experts speak and you feel it’s a face to face conversation.
- This is what Sanjay loves about podcasts and he owes largely to webinars and podcasts on what he knows in Digital and Social Media. The fact that he gets access to global experts while sitting in his office in India making it a great format for him.
- Sanjay’s favorite podcasts genres are ‘Inspirational Podcasts’, ‘Interview Podcasts of great leaders/CEOs’, ‘Entrepreneurial journeys’ and of ‘professionals on Digital and Social Media’.
- Some examples-
- Digital or Social Media related Podcasts-
- Mihir listens to podcasts for knowledge/Inspiration and entertainment.
- This week in Startups by Jason Calacanis – An entrepreneur investor who interviews people in mainly entrepreneurship. Has around 400 Episodes in 5 years. Talks to all sorts of entrepreneurs.
- Tim Ferris– four hour work week– & The Random Show co-hosted with Kevin Rose.
- The Moth Show – It’s like a comedy club.
- Joe Rogan Podcast – Talks on anything, comedian with mature content.
- Sticher, a substitute to Apple Podcast, is an IOS & Android based app to listen to radio and podcasts.
- Sanjay was a fan of AudioBooks before Podcasts.
- Physical books were cumbersome to read for him as he’s always on travel and listening to songs becomes repetitive after a time. This was when he discovered AudioBooks with the fact that he could easily finish an audiobook over a couple of flights.
- From AudioBooks he turned to short content or chapters which became the equivalent of Podcasts.
- Over the next few episodes, Social Wavelength Conversations will include content which will also be covering the following topics-
- Their Sharing on what they learn from their everyday dealings with clients.
- How to connect Business Goals through Social Media
- The Value of Social Media Listening and what have we learnt with listening
- Impact of New platforms like Whatsapp, Secret on Brands and companies.
- Why budgets needs to be allocated amply enough to Digital.
- This was an episode for Viewers/listeners to get a feel of what to expect from future episodes and we would love from you to comment on what would you like to know or get covered on Digital/Social Media and it will be taken into consideration in future episodes.
Contact us for Social Wavelength Conversations at: